ca. 1933-1935 Unidentified carved and painted wood, tinned iron, painted glass, and metal hardware 22 x 43 5/8 x 43 1/2 in. (55.9 x 110.8 x 110.5 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Herbert Waide Hemphill, Jr. and museum purchase made possible by Ralph Cross Johnson 1986.65.71 Not currently on view
Architecture - vehicle - airplane
metal - iron
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Hats Off, Hands On
- Eye Level: Throwback Thursday, Nam June Paik: Because ...
- Eye Level: Night at the American Art Museum
- Eye Level: Pop Goes the Artist: James Rosenquist at SAAM
- Eye Level: Luce Artist Talk: Five (plus one) Questions with ...
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Improvised Compositions
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions + Two with Hand ...
- Eye Level: Nam June Paik: Because Almost All of the ...