19th century Unidentified painted, turned and carved wood, and wrought iron 44 1/8 x 41 3/4 x 3 1/2 in. (112.1 x 106.0 x 8.9 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Herbert Waide Hemphill, Jr. and museum purchase made possible by Ralph Cross Johnson 1986.65.72 Not currently on view
metal - iron
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Ray Strong Paints the Golden Gate Bridge
- Eye Level: Picture This: Albert Paley's Portal Gates
- Eye Level: Remembering Jeanne-Claude (19352009)
- Eye Level: Albert Maysles on Meetingand FilmingChristo ...
- Eye Level: Christo and Jeanne-Claude: On the Making of the ...
- Eye Level: Eye Wonder: Ten Years of Blogging at SAAM
- Eye Level: A Momentous Seventy-Fifth Art Anniversary
- Eye Level: Director's Choice: Who Made the Cut, Part II
- Eye Level: Out for a Stroll
- Eye Level: Slow Art Day: Leaning Towards a Different Way of ...