1971-1972 John Prip Born: New York, New York 1922 Died: Providence, Rhode Island 2009 electroformed and fabricated sterling silver with gold and rhodium finishes 7 5/8 x 2 5/8 x 2 5/8 in. (19.4 x 6.7 x 6.7 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the James Renwick Alliance and museum purchase through the Smithsonian Institution Collections Acquisition Program 1990.8.2 Not currently on view
Crafts - Metal
metal - gold
metal - silver
About John Prip
Born: New York, New York 1922 Died: Providence, Rhode Island 2009
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Preserving Your Personal Collection ...
- Eye Level: Lighting the Joseph Cornell Retrospective
- Eye Level: Two New Additions to the Museum: Joseph Cornell
- Eye Level: @ The Antiques Roadshow
- Eye Level: How to Keep the Lil' Ones Entertained: Bison ...
- Eye Level: From Defense to Decoration: the Renwick Gallery ...
- Eye Level: The Moon is a Television: On Nam June Paik's ...
- Eye Level: Gaman and the Story of the Bird Pins
- Eye Level: A Democracy of Images
- Eye Level: Picture This: Joseph Cornell Docent Training