Black and White
1941 Alexander Brook Born: New York, New York 1898 Died: Sag Harbor, New York 1980 oil on linen 33 x 28 in. (83.8 x 71.1 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Bequest of Henry Ward Ranger through the National Academy of Design 1990.72 Not currently on view
Architecture - domestic - house
Ethnic - African-American
Figure group - female
paint - oil
fabric - linen
About Alexander Brook
Born: New York, New York 1898 Died: Sag Harbor, New York 1980
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Manhattan in Black and White and Color
- Eye Level: Frank Gohlke's World in Black and White (and ...
- Eye Level: On this Screen: Interview with Chuck and Jan ...
- Eye Level: A Photographer and a Writer Walk into a Museum
- Eye Level: Let's Begin Black History Month with Edmonia ...
- Eye Level: The Last Waltz: Lincoln's Second Inauguration
- Eye Level: Search
- Eye Level: Groove is in the Heart
- Eye Level: Throwback Thursday: The Last Waltz: Lincoln's ...
- Eye Level: John Gossage: Stepping into the same Pond Twice