Balancing (study for sculpture)
1938 Chaim Gross Born: Wolowa, Austria 1904 Died: New York, New York 1991 pencil on paper sheet: 17 7/8 x 12 in. (45.4 x 30.5 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the Renee and Chaim Gross Foundation 1990.45.8 Not currently on view
Figure group - female
Figure group - female - nude
Recreation - sport and play - gymnastics
Study - academic study
Study - sculpture study
paper - wove paper
About Chaim Gross
Born: Wolowa, Austria 1904 Died: New York, New York 1991
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Fabricating for an Exhibition: Jim Baxter and ...
- Eye Level: Mysteries Brought to Light at Lunder's ...
- Eye Level: Art Critic William Kloss on American Art's Roby ...
- Eye Level: Five Questions with Photographer Muriel Hasbun
- Eye Level: A Humorous Streak to The Art of Romaine Brooks
- Eye Level: Artist Lilly Martin Spencer
- Eye Level: Roy DeCarava, 19192009
- Eye Level: Fathers and Sons: Ralph and Marc Fasanella