ca. 1978 Willem de Kooning Born: Rotterdam, Netherlands 1904 Died: East Hampton, New York 1997 ink wash and gouache on paper sheet: 12 x 20 3/8 in. (30.5 x 51.7 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Cornelia Jane Strawser in memory of Herbert Little and Margaret Thayer Ward Little 1991.42.1 Not currently on view
paint - gouache
paper - wove paper
About Willem de Kooning
Born: Rotterdam, Netherlands 1904 Died: East Hampton, New York 1997
More works in the collection by
Willem de Kooning
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Donald Judd's Untitled
- Eye Level: A Graphic Master: Charles White
- Eye Level: A Closer Look at Our America: Jorge Soto Sánchez
- Eye Level: Through a Glass, Clearly: Art Glass @50
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Portraying Community ...
- Clarice Smith Lectures / American Art
- Eye Level: In Closing: The Impact of Nam June Paik on ...
- Eye Level: Introducing Paikbot!
- Eye Level: Museum: A Tale of Art, Life and Everything In ...
- Eye Level: SAAM Acquires Six Major Works by Bill Traylor