1982 John Banks Born: Cottonwood, Texas 1912 Died: San Antonio, Texas 1988 ballpoint pen and ink, felt-tipped pen and ink, crayon and pencil on paperboard sheet and image: 15 x 28 in. (38.1 x 71.1 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Dr. and Mrs. Joseph A. Pierce, Jr., San Antonio, Texas 1992.56 Not currently on view
Architecture Interior - domestic - dining room
Ceremony - holiday - Thanksgiving
Ethnic - African-American
Figure group - family
Recreation - church - prayer
paperboard - crescent
About John Banks
Born: Cottonwood, Texas 1912 Died: San Antonio, Texas 1988
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: A Thanksgiving Gift from Artist Harry Cimino
- Eye Level: Thanksgiving, 1969 by Werner Drewes
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Thanksgiving Edition, A Pilgrim Tale
- Eye Level: Good Enough to Eat: Thanksgiving Menu by ...
- Eye Level: Manhattan in Black and White and Color
- Eye Level: Happy Thanksgiving from American Art and the ...
- Eye Level: Take Five: Five Questions with Sandra Y. Johnson
- Eye Level: Happy Halloween!
- Eye Level: Pilgrimage: Five Questions with Annie Leibovitz
- Eye Level: Still Life with Fruit and Champagne