Box of Falling Stars
Born: Lorain, Ohio 1907
Died: New York, New York 2007
cotton canvas, linen thread, acrylic paint, and ink Approx. 108 × 68 × 70 in. (274.3 × 172.7 × 177.8 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase through the Smithsonian Institution Collections Acquisition Program
© 1984, Lenore G. Tawney
2nd Floor, Room 202
decorative arts - fiber
Crafts - Fiber
fabric - canvas
fabric - linen
fabric - thread
paint - acrylic
About Lenore Tawney
Born: Lorain, Ohio 1907 Died: New York, New York 2007
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Making Connections at the Renwick: Everything ...
- Eye Level: Bill Viola's The Fall into Paradise
- Eye Level: Watching Watch This!
- Eye Level
- Eye Level: Throwback Thursday: American Art's Commitment ...
- Eye Level: How The West Was Framed: The Survey ...
- Eye Level: Conservation of Alexander Calder's Gwenfritz
- Eye Level: Annie Leibovitz's State of the Union