Born: Baxter Springs, Kansas 1905
Died: Elizabeth, New Jersey 1971
ceramic 3/4 x 11 in. (2.0 x 28.0 cm) diam. Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Ivy Borow Reade
Smithsonian American Art Museum
Luce Foundation Center, 4th Floor, 54A
Luce Center Label
This plate is similar in style and subject matter to Waylande Gregory’s other Plate in the collection, but shows the group in a static scene. Gregory often decorated his dishes with dancing girls and sunbathers.
decorative arts - ceramic
Crafts - Clay
About Waylande Gregory
Born: Baxter Springs, Kansas 1905 Died: Elizabeth, New Jersey 1971
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: In this Case: Ceramicist Howard Kottler
- Eye Level: In This Case: An American Puzzle by Lloyd G. ...
- Eye Level: Lighting the Preamble
- Eye Level: A Sense of Place: New Mexico as Seen by Artist ...
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: The Monotype
- Eye Level: The Scully Files
- Eye Level: Night Baseball
- Eye Level: Let Them Draw Cake!
- Eye Level: July 4th: The American Experience in American Art
- Eye Level: Tell Us About Your Visit