Speaking to Hear
1989 Michael Olszewski Born: Baltimore, Maryland 1950 hand-stitched, hand-painted, embroidered, and appliqued silk with acid dyes part A: 22 1/2 x 21 1/4 in. (57.2 x 54.0 cm) part B: 22 1/2 x 21 1/4 in. (57.2 x 54.0 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of KPMG Peat Marwick 1993.54.12A-B Not currently on view
Abstract - geometric
Allegory - senses - hearing
decorative arts - fiber
Crafts - Fiber
fabric - silk
About Michael Olszewski
Born: Baltimore, Maryland 1950
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Five Questions (+2) with Stephen Vitiello: Sound ...
- Eye Level: Matters of the Heart
- Eye Level: Director's Choice: Who Made the Cut?
- Eye Level: Five Questions with the Silent Orchestra ...
- Eye Level: Pop Goes the Artist: James Rosenquist at SAAM
- Eye Level: At SAAM, Deaf Guides Take the Lead With Art ...
- Eye Level: Not Your Average Night at the Museum
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions with Bad Moves
- Eye Level: Five Questions: Women in Jazz