[The Staff of the Express]
ca. 1850 Unidentified daguerreotype plate: 3 1/4 x 4 1/8 in. (8.3 x 10.5 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase from the Charles Isaacs Collection made possible in part by the Luisita L. and Franz H. Denghausen Endowment 1994.91.230 Not currently on view
Occupation - writer - journalist
photography - photoprint
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: In the News: Report on Smithsonian Arts
- Eye Level: In This Case: Gomer by Hank Murta Adams
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: 5 Questions with Stronger Sex
- Eye Level: In This Case: Death of Rubén Salazar
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Symbols
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Judith Schaechter's The Birth of ...
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions (+2) with The ...
- Eye Level: Love at First Sight: Nick Cave's Soundsuit
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions with Brushes
- Eye Level: Nam June Paik: Television as Medium