1990 Joan Schulze Born: Chicago, Illinois 1936 painted, pieced, appliqued and machine-quilted cotton with stitched calligraphy 57 1/4 x 43 in. (145.4 x 109.2 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Penny Nii and Edward A. Feigenbaum 1997.1 Not currently on view
decorative arts - fiber
Crafts - Fiber
fabric - cotton
About Joan Schulze
Born: Chicago, Illinois 1936
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Cross Currents: Georgia O'Keeffe and the Perfect ...
- Eye Level: Christo and Jeanne-Claude: On the Making of the ...
- Eye Level: Renwick Postcard Competition
- Eye Level: Grant Wood's Studio
- Eye Level: Smithsonian Archives Month: Finding a Painting of ...
- Eye Level: In This Case: Halloween Costumes
- Eye Level: Nam June Paik: Musician and Media Artist Stephen ...
- Eye Level: Irving Penn Retrospective: Everything Clicks
- Eye Level: Watch This: Ghosts of New York
- Eye Level: Matters of the Heart