America's Answer! Production
1942 Jean Carlu Born: Bonnieres-sur-Seine, France 1900 Died: Nogent-sur-Marne, France 1997 offset lithograph on paper sheet: 30 x 40 1/8 in. (76.2 x 101.9 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Barry and Melissa Vilkin 1995.84.5 Not currently on view
Figure - fragment - hand
Miscellaneous - written matter
Object - tool - wrench
graphic arts - mechanical reproduction
About Jean Carlu
Born: Bonnieres-sur-Seine, France 1900 Died: Nogent-sur-Marne, France 1997
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Q and Art: American Art's Three-Way Portrait
- Eye Level: Latino Art 101 with Curator E. Carmen Ramos
- Eye Level: 5 Questions for Christopher Kendall on the 21st ...
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Liberty
- Eye Level: In This Case: The Dapper Palmer Hayden
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: Looking Closely at ...
- Eye Level: Luce Artist Talk: Five Questions with Costume ...
- Eye Level: Mobile Insights
- Eye Level: WONDER Artist Interview: Jennifer Angus
- Eye Level: Luce Foundation Center's Local Artist Talks: The ...