The Story of Job
1990 Hugo Sperger Born: Mirano, Italy 1922 Died: Salyersville, Kentucky 1996 acrylic and ink on wood 49 x 72 3/4 in. (124.5 x 184.8 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Chuck and Jan Rosenak and museum purchase through the Luisita L. and Franz H. Denghausen Endowment 1997.124.37 Not currently on view
Religion - Old Testament - Job
paint - acrylic
About Hugo Sperger
Born: Mirano, Italy 1922 Died: Salyersville, Kentucky 1996
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Gaman and the Story of the Bird Pins
- Eye Level: Philadelphia Story: Gary Wills on Thomas Eakins
- Eye Level: The People Behind the Video Games: David Cage
- Eye Level: Smithsonian Archives Month: Finding a Painting of ...
- Eye Level: Norman Rockwell: One Visitor's Review
- Eye Level: Ghosts and Artisans
- Eye Level: Preparing for African American Art: A Conversation ...
- Eye Level: Film: James Castle: Portrait of an Artist
- Eye Level: Lighting the Joseph Cornell Retrospective
- Eye Level: American Art's Outdoor Sculpture Instagram ...