1987 Mamie Deschillie Born: Burnham, New Mexico 1920 Died: Farmington, New Mexico 2010 paint, cloth, sequins, beads, and jewelry on cardboard 38 1/4 x 47 1/4 x 5 1/8 in. (97.2 x 120.0 x 13.0 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Chuck and Jan Rosenak and museum purchase through the Luisita L. and Franz H. Denghausen Endowment 1997.124.60 Not currently on view
Animal - buffalo
adhesive - pressure-sensitive tape
readymade - beads
About Mamie Deschillie
Born: Burnham, New Mexico 1920 Died: Farmington, New Mexico 2010
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Bison Bladders
- Eye Level: Our America: Preparing Pepón Osorio's El ...
- Eye Level: Picture This: Exploring The Great American Hall of ...
- Eye Level: Picture This: Morans on the Move
- Museum Podcasts - The Great American Hall of Wonders ...
- Eye Level: Take Me Out to the Museum: Baseball Family Day ...
- Eye Level: How to Keep the Lil' Ones Entertained: Bison ...
- Eye Level: In This Case: Fall into the Gap
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: Thayer's Stevenson ...
- Eye Level: Snow. It's All About Snow