1991 Matilda Damon Born: 1962 handspun wool with native and vegetable dyes 24 1/8 x 23 1/4 in. (61.2 x 59.0 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Chuck and Jan Rosenak and museum purchase made possible by Ralph Cross Johnson 1997.124.186 Not currently on view
Animal - bird
Ethnic - Indian - Navajo
Figure group - bust
decorative arts - fiber
fabric - wool
About Matilda Damon
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: Six Questions for " ...
- Eye Level: Harvard's Drew Gilpin Faust on the Language of ...
- Eye Level: Pride or Prejudice?
- Eye Level: American Muralist Tom Lea
- Eye Level: How to Keep the Lil' Ones Entertained: Bison ...
- Eye Level: Gaman and the Story of Isamu Noguchi
- Eye Level: Art in America
- Eye Level: Four Questions: Curator Nicholas Bell Discusses A ...
- Eye Level: Luce Center: Harold Weston's Building the United ...