ca. 1948 Gordon Parks Born: Fort Scott, Kansas 1912 Died: New York, New York 2006 gelatin silver print sheet and image: 12 1/4 x 10 3/8 in. (31.1 x 26.4 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase through the Horace W. Goldsmith Foundation © 1948, Gordon Parks Foundation 1998.121.1 Not currently on view
Architecture Exterior - detail - window
Architecture - commercial - tavern
Cityscape - New York - Harlem
Cityscape - New York New York
Ethnic - African-American
photography - photoprint
About Gordon Parks
Born: Fort Scott, Kansas 1912 Died: New York, New York 2006
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Carl Van Vechten: Harlem Heroes
- Harlem Heroes Talk | Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Eye Level: Harlem Heroes and Black History Month
- Eye Level: Q and Art: William H. Johnson and the WPA ...
- Eye Level: Roy DeCarava, 19192009
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: Jacob Lawrence
- Eye Level: African American Artworks at SAAM
- Eye Level: Teaching the African American Experience through ...
- Eye Level: Preserving William H. Johnson's Works of Art on ...
- Eye Level: Framing the City: Mean Streets and Urban ...