First In Research, from the Early Series
1937 A. Mouron Cassandre Born: Kharkov, Russia 1901 Died: Paris, France 1968 gouache on paperboard sheet: 17 x 14 15/16 in. (43.1 x 36.3 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Container Corporation of America 1984.124.53 Not currently on view
Allegory - arts and sciences - technology
Still life - other - container
paint - gouache
About A. Mouron Cassandre
Born: Kharkov, Russia 1901 Died: Paris, France 1968
More works in the collection by
A. Mouron Cassandre
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level
- Eye Level: Love at First Sight: Nick Cave's Soundsuit
- Eye Level: Featuring Birds
- Eye Level: Five Questions with Chris Melissinos, Curator for ...
- Eye Level: Curator's Travel Journal: In Rufino Tamayo's ...
- Eye Level: Director's Choice: Who Made the Cut?
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (17): Art and Healing
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions with Star FK ...
- Eye Level: In Closing: The Impact of Nam June Paik on ...
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Silhouettes