ca. 1920 Eda Nemoede Casterton Born: Brillion, Wisconsin 1877 Died: Palos Verdes Estates, California 1969 watercolor on ivory sight 3 1/4 x 2 1/2 in. (8.3 x 6.4 cm) oval Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the American Society of Miniature Painters 1965.30.17 Not currently on view
Luce Center Label
This portrait may be the piece titled Mary Beth that Eda Nemoede Casterton exhibited in Brooklyn in 1926. A critic described it as a “portrait of a little child whose yellow frock is off the shoulders in the fashion of the sixties, showing her baby neck in soft flesh tones.” The “sixties” probably refers to the 1860s.
Portrait female - unidentified - bust
Portrait female - unidentified - child
painting - miniature
paint - watercolor
About Eda Nemoede Casterton
Born: Brillion, Wisconsin 1877 Died: Palos Verdes Estates, California 1969
More works in the collection by
Eda Nemoede Casterton
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: In This Case: Hey Tambourine Girl
- Eye Level: Keeping Up With the Joneses
- Eye Level: In Memoriam (with a Personal Story): Ruth ...
- Eye Level: Steven Spielberg on Norman Rockwell and the ...
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Pairing Art with Music
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: William H. Johnson
- Eye Level: Upcoming Cineconcert: Andrew E. Simpson and ...
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions with Bad Moves
- Eye Level: 40 Under 40: Five Questions with Artist Laurel Roth
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged Community Showcase: Five ...