Born: Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1933
Died: Richmond, Virginia 2012
glass and aluminum 13 x 10 x 3 3/4 in. (33.0 x 25.4 x 9.5 cm) diam. Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Carol and Don Wiiken
Smithsonian American Art Museum
Luce Foundation Center, 4th Floor, 56A
Luce Center Label
Kent Ipsen manipulated molten glass into a large, twisting shape around pieces of circular white glass. The form flows upward from the polished metal base and evokes the heavy movement of hot glass.
decorative arts - glass
Crafts - Glass
About Kent Ipsen
Born: Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1933 Died: Richmond, Virginia 2012
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Donald Judd's Untitled
- Eye Level: A Graphic Master: Charles White
- Eye Level: A Closer Look at Our America: Jorge Soto Sánchez
- Eye Level: Lighting the Joseph Cornell Retrospective
- Eye Level: Through a Glass, Clearly: Art Glass @50
- Eye Level: The 2012 Edition of American Pictures
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Portraying Community ...
- Eye Level: In this Case: Nam June Paik Archive
- Eye Level: Two New Additions to the Museum: Joseph Cornell
- Eye Level: In Closing: The Impact of Nam June Paik on ...