Born: Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1933
Died: Richmond, Virginia 2012
glass 4 in. (10.2 cm) diam. Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Carol and Don Wiiken
Smithsonian American Art Museum
Luce Foundation Center, 4th Floor, 56A
Luce Center Label
Kent Ipsen often makes paperweights and enjoys the challenge of working on such a small scale. In pieces such as Untitled and Magnum Paperweight , he allows the flow of the hot-worked glass to inspire his designs, taking advantage of the folds and speckles of color.
decorative arts - glass
Crafts - Glass
About Kent Ipsen
Born: Milwaukee, Wisconsin 1933 Died: Richmond, Virginia 2012
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Donald Judd's Untitled
- Eye Level: A Graphic Master: Charles White
- Eye Level: A Closer Look at Our America: Jorge Soto Sánchez
- Eye Level: Lighting the Joseph Cornell Retrospective
- Eye Level: Through a Glass, Clearly: Art Glass @50
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Portraying Community ...
- Eye Level: The 2012 Edition of American Pictures
- Eye Level: In this Case: Nam June Paik Archive
- Eye Level: Two New Additions to the Museum: Joseph Cornell
- Eye Level: In Closing: The Impact of Nam June Paik on ...