Portrait of Mary Catlin
ca. 1827 George Catlin Born: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania 1796 Died: Jersey City, New Jersey 1872 watercolor on ivory 3 x 2 3/8 in. (7.6 x 6.2 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Mr. and Mrs. David C. Morse 1984.139.2 Not currently on view
Luce Center Label
George Catlin’s younger sister Mary was born in 1802 and married Asa Hartshorn, from Connecticut, in 1820.
Portrait female - Catlin, Mary
painting - miniature
paint - watercolor
About George Catlin
Born: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania 1796 Died: Jersey City, New Jersey 1872
More works in the collection by
- George Catlin and His Indian Gallery / American Art
- George Catlin's Indian Gallery / American Art
- Exhibitions / American Art
- Online Exhibitions / Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Pigeon's Egg Head (The Light) going to and returning from ...
- Motivating and unifying most of her efforts is an overriding ...