ca. 1845-1846 George Catlin Born: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania 1796 Died: Jersey City, New Jersey 1872 ink on paper 14 1/8 x 25 1/2 in. (35.9 x 64.8 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Mrs. Joseph Harrison, Jr. 1985.66.386,503 Not currently on view
Ceremony - dance
Ceremony - Indian
Ethnic - Indian
About George Catlin
Born: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania 1796 Died: Jersey City, New Jersey 1872
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- George Catlin and His Indian Gallery / American Art
- George Catlin's Indian Gallery / American Art
- Exhibitions / American Art
- Online Exhibitions / Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Pigeon's Egg Head (The Light) going to and returning from ...
- Motivating and unifying most of her efforts is an overriding ...