blown glass 17 3/8 x 8 1/8 x 5 7/8 in. (44.2 x 20.6 x 15.0 cm)
(footprint): 5 5/8 x 5 7/8 in. (14.3 x 15.0 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the Southern Highland Craft Guild in honor of Kenneth R. Trapp
Smithsonian American Art Museum
Luce Foundation Center, 4th Floor, 56A
Luce Center Label
Tommie Rush manipulated thick, heavy glass to create this gentle form. She eliminated all harsh lines and angles in favor of smooth curves and matte texture. Dark, earthy hues flicker around the base and highlight the frosted white plant form that twists around the vessel.
decorative arts - glass
Crafts - Glass
About Tommie Rush
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Picture This: Wood Turning a Tree From Our Kogod ...
- Eye Level: Erica Hirshler: Looking at John Singer Sargent
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Viola Frey
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (9): Flowers in December
- Eye Level: Collectors' Roundtable: Glass Acts
- Eye Level: In This Case: Luce Under 40
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Margaret Jordan Patterson
- Eye Level: Luce Artist Talk: Five Questions with Costume ...
- Eye Level: Picture This: Out of This Case