Joc-o-sot, the Walking Bear
n.d. George Catlin Born: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania 1796 Died: Jersey City, New Jersey 1872 lithograph Smithsonian American Art Museum Transfer from the National Museum of Natural History, Department of Ethnology, Smithsonian Institution 1985.66.386,592AA Not currently on view
Ethnic - Indian
Portrait male - Joc-o-sot - full length
graphic arts - print
About George Catlin
Born: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania 1796 Died: Jersey City, New Jersey 1872
More works in the collection by
- George Catlin and His Indian Gallery / American Art
- George Catlin's Indian Gallery / American Art
- Exhibitions / American Art
- Online Exhibitions / Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Pigeon's Egg Head (The Light) going to and returning from ...
- Motivating and unifying most of her efforts is an overriding ...