1846-1848 George Catlin Born: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania 1796 Died: Jersey City, New Jersey 1872 oil on canvas 19 1/2 x 27 5/8 in. (49.5 x 70.2 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Mrs. Joseph Harrison, Jr. 1985.66.580-U Not currently on view
Luce Center Label
“The landscape scenes of these wild and beautiful regions, are, of themselves, a rich reward for the traveler.” (Catlin, Letters and Notes, vol. 2, no. 37, 1841; reprint 1973)
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About George Catlin
Born: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania 1796 Died: Jersey City, New Jersey 1872
More works in the collection by
- George Catlin and His Indian Gallery / American Art
- George Catlin's Indian Gallery / American Art
- Exhibitions / American Art
- Online Exhibitions / Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Pigeon's Egg Head (The Light) going to and returning from ...
- Motivating and unifying most of her efforts is an overriding ...