Notes on the Indians
ca. 1832-1837 George Catlin Born: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania 1796 Died: Jersey City, New Jersey 1872 ink and pencil on paper 6 1/4 x 8 in. (15.9 x 20.3 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase 1971.261 Not currently on view
graphic arts - book
About George Catlin
Born: Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania 1796 Died: Jersey City, New Jersey 1872
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Pride or Prejudice?
- Eye Level: The American Art Museum and the National Parks ...
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: Six Questions for " ...
- Eye Level: Harvard's Drew Gilpin Faust on the Language of ...
- Eye Level: American Muralist Tom Lea
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Thanksgiving Edition, A Pilgrim Tale
- Eye Level: Looking at 1934: Lily Furedi's Subway
- George Catlin and His Indian Gallery / American Art
- George Catlin's Indian Gallery / American Art
- Exhibitions / American Art
- Online Exhibitions / Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Pigeon's Egg Head (The Light) going to and returning from ...
- Motivating and unifying most of her efforts is an overriding ...