Girl in White
ca. 1890 William Merritt Chase Born: Williamsburg, Indiana 1849 Died: New York, New York 1916 oil on canvas 30 5/8 x 25 1/2 in. (77.8 x 64.7 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Mrs. Howard Weingrow 1969.147 Not currently on view
Figure female - child - waist length
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About William Merritt Chase
Born: Williamsburg, Indiana 1849 Died: New York, New York 1916
More works in the collection by
William Merritt Chase
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: A Graphic Master: Charles White
- Eye Level: Popular Music, Popular Art
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged Community Showcase: Five ...
- Eye Level: The Threads That Connect the Stars: Poet Martín ...
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (11): Model Drinking Coffee
- Eye Level: Romaine Brooks: Body of Work
- Eye Level: Zen and the Art of Video with Bill Viola
- Eye Level: Preserving the Parlor's Pictures
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: The Power of ...
- Eye Level: Remembering Mel Casas (1929-2014)