Man and Woman
ca. 1935-1943 Édouard Chassaing Born: Clermont-Ferrand, France 1895 Died: Chicago, Illinois 1974 plaster 18 1/4 x 9 x 5 in. (46.2 x 22.8 x 12.7 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Louis Cheskin 1977.42.3 Not currently on view
Figure male - nude
Figure male - torso
Object - art tool - palette
Object - foliage - wheat
Object - fruit - grape
Object - tool - hammer
Object - tool - shovel
Object - written matter - book
New Deal - Works Progress Administration, Federal Art Project? - Illinois?
About Édouard Chassaing
Born: Clermont-Ferrand, France 1895 Died: Chicago, Illinois 1974
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: "The Alphabet is ...
- Eye Level: In This Case: Luis Jimnez's Model for "Fiesta"
- Eye Level: Rescue Me: Kathleen A. Foster on Winslow ...
- Eye Level: Looking at 1934: Lily Furedi's Subway
- Eye Level: Museum: A Tale of Art, Life and Everything In ...
- Eye Level: Wouldn't It Be Nice...
- Eye Level: The Marchbanks Calendar: December by Harry ...
- Eye Level: Edward Hopper: Mapping the Light
- Eye Level: Internet Pioneers and the Fathers of Invention
- Eye Level: Throwback Thursday: The Marchbanks ...