ca. 1876-1880 Walter Clark Born: Brooklyn, New York 1848 Died: Bronxville, New York 1917 terra cotta 5 1/2 in. x 6 3/8 in. x 6 in. (14.0 x 16.2 x 15.2 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Eliot Clark 1973.163.2 Not currently on view
Animal - bird - vulture
State of being - death
ceramic - terra cotta
About Walter Clark
Born: Brooklyn, New York 1848 Died: Bronxville, New York 1917
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: John Valadez's Great ...
- Eye Level: Still Life with Fruit and Champagne
- Eye Level: Material World: The Renwick Invitational
- Eye Level: Mark Dion wins the Lucelia Artist Award
- Eye Level: Silent Film With an Emphasis on Sound
- Eye Level: Luce Artist Talk: Five Questions with Kathryn ...
- Eye Level: Luce Foundation's 10th Anniversary: Five ...
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Portraying Community ...
- Eye Level: Cory Arcangel and Media Arts at American Art
- Eye Level: Springtime for Crafters