n.d. William Baxter Closson Born: Thetford, Vermont 1848 Died: Hartford, Connecticut 1926 intaglio plate: 12 1/4 x 8 1/2 in. (31.1 x 21.6 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Transfer from the National Museum of American History, Division of Graphic Arts, Smithsonian Institution 1971.171 Not currently on view
Dress - accessory - hat
Figure female - head
graphic arts - print
About William Baxter Closson
Born: Thetford, Vermont 1848 Died: Hartford, Connecticut 1926
More works in the collection by
William Baxter Closson
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Looking at 1934: Lily Furedi's Subway
- Eye Level: Portraits of Women Artists
- Eye Level: Found Object: a Pre-Photoshop Artifact
- Eye Level: Help Identify Ms. Nameless Artist
- Eye Level: Georgia on My Mind: Miss O'Keeffe "on stage" at ...
- Eye Level: Hats Off, Hands On
- Eye Level: Can You Name #5WomenArtists?
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Viola Frey
- Eye Level: Gone in a Flash: Irving Penn Closes March 20
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (8): People in the Sun by Edward ...