Before the Storm
ca. 1933-1934 James Floyd Clymer Born: Perkasie, Pennsylvania 1893 oil on canvas 25 3/8 x 34 3/8 in. (64.3 x 87.3 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Transfer from the U.S. Department of Labor 1964.1.54 Not currently on view
Landscape - coast
Waterscape - boat
Waterscape - weather - storm
New Deal - Public Works of Art Project - Massachusetts
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About James Floyd Clymer
Born: Perkasie, Pennsylvania 1893
More works in the collection by
James Floyd Clymer
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Ryders on the Storm: Celebrating the Art of Albert ...
- Eye Level: March 2017
- Eye Level: April Gornik: Cloudy with a Chance of Clouds
- Eye Level: Submit Your Game to the 2017 SAAM Arcade!
- Eye Level: Stumbled Upon: Alma Thomas
- Eye Level: Upcoming Cineconcert: Andrew E. Simpson and ...
- Eye Level: War and Paint: Art of the Civil War
- Eye Level: Remembering James Rosenquist
- Eye Level: Silent Film With an Emphasis on Sound