ca. 1959-1960 Bruce Conner Born: McPherson, Kansas 1933 Died: San Francisco, California 2008 mixed media: nylon stockings, newspapers, photographs, nails, wood, costume jewelry, fur, and clothing 59 x 11 3/4 x 1 1/2 in. (149.8 x 29.8 x 3.8 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Anonymous gift in memory of William C. Seitz 1980.130 Not currently on view
paper - newsprint
About Bruce Conner
Born: McPherson, Kansas 1933 Died: San Francisco, California 2008
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Donald Judd's Untitled
- Eye Level: A Graphic Master: Charles White
- Eye Level: A Closer Look at Our America: Jorge Soto Sánchez
- Eye Level: Lighting the Joseph Cornell Retrospective
- Eye Level: Through a Glass, Clearly: Art Glass @50
- Eye Level: The 2012 Edition of American Pictures
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Portraying Community ...
- Eye Level: In this Case: Nam June Paik Archive
- Eye Level: Two New Additions to the Museum: Joseph Cornell
- Eye Level: The Threads That Connect the Stars: Poet Martín ...