When We Were Very Young
1937 George Constant Born: Arachova, Greece 1892 Died: New York, New York 1978 drypoint on paper mounted on paperboard plate: 8 7/8 x 7 7/8 in. (22.7 x 20.1 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Transfer from the Evander Childs High School, Bronx, New York through the General Services Administration 1975.83.40 Not currently on view
Figure female - child
Object - written matter - book
Recreation - leisure - reading
New Deal - Works Progress Administration, Federal Art Project - New York City
graphic arts - print
About George Constant
Born: Arachova, Greece 1892 Died: New York, New York 1978
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Christo and Jeanne-Claude: On the Making of the ...
- Eye Level: Five Questions for Basket Collectors Martha Ware ...
- Eye Level: The Initiative
- Eye Level: Remembering the Running Fence with Joe Pozzi
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged Community Showcase: Five ...
- Eye Level: Sketchy
- Eye Level: Four Questions: Curator Nicholas Bell Discusses A ...
- Eye Level: Five Questions: Opera at the Renwick
- Eye Level: Jamaica Kincaid on Being Kept In
- Eye Level: The Making of The Art of Video Games