Joseph Cornell Born: Nyack, New York 1903 Died: New York, New York 1972 mixed media: wood: stained, paper, paint, glass, rubber... 4 1/2 x 12 1/2 x 10 1/8 in. (11.6 x 31.8 x 25.7 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of The Joseph and Robert Cornell Memorial Foundation 1985.64.53 Not currently on view
Object - furniture - chest
About Joseph Cornell
Born: Nyack, New York 1903 Died: New York, New York 1972
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Donald Judd's Untitled
- Eye Level: A Graphic Master: Charles White
- Eye Level: A Closer Look at Our America: Jorge Soto Sánchez
- Eye Level: Lighting the Joseph Cornell Retrospective
- Eye Level: Through a Glass, Clearly: Art Glass @50
- Eye Level: The 2012 Edition of American Pictures
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Portraying Community ...
- Eye Level: In this Case: Nam June Paik Archive
- Eye Level: Two New Additions to the Museum: Joseph Cornell
- Eye Level: The Threads That Connect the Stars: Poet Martín ...