n.d. Joseph Cornell Born: Nyack, New York 1903 Died: New York, New York 1972 mixed media: wood, paint, paper, plastic and brass 3 3/4 x 17 1/8 x 12 7/8 in. (9.7 x 43.5 x 32.6 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of The Joseph and Robert Cornell Memorial Foundation 1985.64.62 Not currently on view
Modern art movement - collage
About Joseph Cornell
Born: Nyack, New York 1903 Died: New York, New York 1972
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Donald Judd's Untitled
- Eye Level: A Graphic Master: Charles White
- Eye Level: A Closer Look at Our America: Jorge Soto Sánchez
- Eye Level: Lighting the Joseph Cornell Retrospective
- Eye Level: Through a Glass, Clearly: Art Glass @50
- Eye Level: The 2012 Edition of American Pictures
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: Portraying Community ...
- Eye Level: In this Case: Nam June Paik Archive
- Eye Level: Two New Additions to the Museum: Joseph Cornell
- Eye Level: In Closing: The Impact of Nam June Paik on ...