City Store Fronts
1934 Francis Criss Born: London, England 1901 Died: New York, New York 1973 oil on canvas 34 5/8 x 45 1/8 in. (87.6 x 114.5 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Transfer from the U.S. Department of Labor 1964.1.35 Not currently on view
Animal - horse
Architecture Exterior - commercial - barbershop
Architecture Exterior - commercial - store
Architecture - vehicle - cart
Cityscape - street
New Deal - Public Works of Art Project - New York City
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
About Francis Criss
Born: London, England 1901 Died: New York, New York 1973
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Our New Museum Stores
- Eye Level: Design Front and Center at Luce
- Eye Level: Preserving Your Personal Collection ...
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: John Valadez's Great ...
- Eye Level: Luis Jimnez, 19402006
- Eye Level: On "1934," a Poem by Philip Levine
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Purvis Young's The Struggle
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged Showcase: (Almost) Five ...
- Eye Level: Out for a Stroll
- Eye Level: @ The Antiques Roadshow