ca. 1898 Arthur B. Davies Born: Utica, New York 1862 Died: Florence, Italy 1928 woodcut on paper plate: 5 1/2 x 2 5/8 in. (14.1 x 6.6 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase 1976.37 Not currently on view
Allegory - time - evening
State of being - mood - meditation
graphic arts - print
paper - laid paper
About Arthur B. Davies
Born: Utica, New York 1862 Died: Florence, Italy 1928
More works in the collection by
Arthur B. Davies
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: An Evening with Lonnie Holley
- Webcast of "An Evening with Richard Estes" / American Art
- Eye Level: Create a World: An Evening with Art Critic Jerry ...
- Eye Level: The Last Waltz: Lincoln's Second Inauguration
- Eye Level: Throwback Thursday: The Last Waltz: Lincoln's ...
- Eye Level: Comments at an Exhibition: Visitors Respond to ...
- Eye Level: iChiaroscuro
- Eye Level: Yes, But is it Art?
- Eye Level: Hiroshi Sugimoto (Part II)
- Eye Level: Clarice Smith Lecture: Richard Lacayo on the Art of ...