1968 Gene Davis Born: Washington, District of Columbia 1920 Died: Washington, District of Columbia 1985 acrylic on canvas 102 1/2 x 16 in. (260.3 x 40.6 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the Woodward Foundation 1977.48.1 Not currently on view
Some see Davis's stripes as aspirtational and, especially in this narrowed format, soaring beyond the canvas. His stripes, in effect, suggest movement to infinity.
Gene Davis: Hot Beat, 2016
Abstract - geometric
paint - acrylic
fabric - canvas
About Gene Davis
Born: Washington, District of Columbia 1920 Died: Washington, District of Columbia 1985
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Preparing for Our America: John Valadez's Great ...
- Eye Level: John Grade: Second Nature
- Eye Level: John Gossage: Stepping into the same Pond Twice
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: Looking Closely at ...
- Eye Level
- Eye Level: JFK: American Visionary
- Eye Level: Jackson and Me
- Eye Level: Is This Art?
- Eye Level: Cineconcert: 5 Questions with Ben-Hur Composer ...
- Eye Level: Light