ca. 1925-1930 Anthony de Francisci Born: Palermo, Italy 1887 Died: New York, New York 1964 copper electroplate 3 in. (7.6 cm) diam. Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Mrs. Gilda Slate 1966.110.11 Not currently on view
Luce Center Label
Research has not revealed any information on this young man. Anthony de Francisci’s medallic portrait may have been commissioned by the boy’s family.
Portrait male - Murray - bust
Portrait male - Murray - child
sculpture - medal
metal - copper
About Anthony de Francisci
Born: Palermo, Italy 1887 Died: New York, New York 1964
More works in the collection by
Anthony de Francisci
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Ella Fitzgerald Turns 100: Five Questions with ...
- Eye Level: Pride or Prejudice?
- Eye Level: In Stereo
- Eye Level: From A to Z with Andrea Zittel
- Eye Level: Luce Design: Five Questions with Street Artist ...
- Eye Level: The Inauguration
- Eye Level: Take 5! Five Questions: with Sandy Asirvatham
- Eye Level: Five Questions: Between Sets with the Afro Bop ...