1914 Désiré-Lucas Born: Fort-de-France, Martinique 1869 Died: Ploaree, Brittany, France 1949 pencil, ink and ink wash 8 3/4 x 7 1/2 in. (22.1 x 19.1 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of the Republic of France 1915.11.24 Not currently on view
Architecture Exterior - domestic - house
Architecture Exterior - religious - church
Architecture - vehicle - bicycle
Cityscape - town
Landscape - farm
Born: Fort-de-France, Martinique 1869 Died: Ploaree, Brittany, France 1949
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Discovering 1934: The Stories Behind the ...
- Eye Level: 1934 All Over Again
- Eye Level: Aultered States: George Ault's Disquieting World
- Eye Level: Three Lectures: Roberta Smith
- Eye Level: Transcending Time
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Thanksgiving Edition, A Pilgrim Tale
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: Are Tattoos Art?
- Eye Level: Darkness at the Edge of Town: George Ault and ...
- Eye Level: Five (and a half) Questions with Alexis Rockman
- Eye Level: Five Questions (+2) with Stephen Vitiello: Sound ...