The Victory of Liberty
1885-1919 Branko Deškovic Born: Prucisca, Croatia, Austria-Hungary 1883 Died: Zagreb, Serbia 1939 plaster/carved 39 1/2 x 81 3/8 x 13 3/4 in. (99.5 x 206.6 x 34.9 cm.) Smithsonian American Art Museum Transfer from the U.S. Department of State 1919.12.2 Not currently on view
Allegory - civic - liberty
Allegory - other - triumph
Animal - horse
About Branko Deškovic
Born: Prucisca, Croatia, Austria-Hungary 1883 Died: Zagreb, Serbia 1939
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Liberty
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: A Ride for Liberty?
- Eye Level: Mingering Mike: Just for the Record
- Eye Level: Unearthing Family History at American Art
- Eye Level: A Year of Gaman: 5 Questions with Curator ...
- Eye Level: Upcoming Cineconcert: Andrew E. Simpson and ...
- Eye Level: Featuring Birds
- Eye Level: In This Case: Halloween Costumes
- Eye Level: Museums and the Web Wake-Up Call
- Eye Level: Season's Greetings