Around and Around We Go
Sophia Lambros Bauerle
Born: Chicago, Illinois 1915
Died: Atlanta, Georgia 2007
coiled paper core and nylon thread 8 7/8 x 13 3/4 x 13 3/8 in. (22.7 x 34.9 x 34.0 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Michael Davis and Randy Waak
Smithsonian American Art Museum
Luce Foundation Center, 4th Floor, 54B
Luce Center Label
Sophia Lambros Bauerle made Around and Around We Go by hand weaving a nylon thread cord around a coiled paper core. She called this technique, which she pioneered, the "lazy Susan" stitch, after the revolving tray used to serve food and condiments.
decorative arts - fiber
Crafts - Fiber
About Sophia Lambros Bauerle
Born: Chicago, Illinois 1915 Died: Atlanta, Georgia 2007
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: American Art's Outdoor Sculpture Instagram ...
- Eye Level: Pokémon Go: Games, Art, and Open Spaces at the ...
- Eye Level: Luce Goes 3D!
- Eye Level: Laurie Anderson Here: Welcome to Andy's World
- Eye Level: Christo and Jeanne-Claude: On the Making of the ...
- Eye Level
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions (plus one) with ...
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: 5 Questions + 1 with Paperhaus
- Eye Level: @ The Antiques Roadshow
- Eye Level: The People Behind the Video Games: Tommy ...