Big Bad Bird
Born: Mertzon, Texas 1912
Died: San Antonio, Texas 2000
molded glass 17 x 17 x 7 in. (43.2 x 43.2 x 17.8 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Margaret Pace Willson
Smithsonian American Art Museum
Luce Foundation Center, 4th Floor, 56A
Luce Center Quote
“The daily early morning walk across deserted San Marco piazza . . . the ride with the other workers, through the canals . . . to Murano, the work before the blazing hot furnaces in the hot weather, the ride home at night well tired and hot . . . it has become the most remembered and loved routine of my life.” Willson, 1981, quoted in Kangas, Robert Willson: Image-Maker, 2001
Luce Center Label
Robert Willson retired from the
Animal - bird
decorative arts - glass
Crafts - Glass
About Robert Willson
Born: Mertzon, Texas 1912 Died: San Antonio, Texas 2000
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Five Questions: Women in Jazz
- Eye Level: Five Questions with Meg Saligman, Muralist and ...
- Eye Level: Thirty Dozen Doughnuts: Thirty Dozen Taxis
- Eye Level: Nam June Paik: Musician and Media Artist Stephen ...
- Eye Level: Jazz Appreciation Month: A Tribute to Dave ...
- Eye Level: Another (Alternate) Year, Another Biennial
- Eye Level: John Alexander in Conversation
- Eye Level: In the News: Report on Smithsonian Arts
- Eye Level: Pride or Prejudice?
- Eye Level: American Art's Outdoor Sculpture Instagram ...