1897 William de Leftwich Dodge Born: Liberty, Virginia 1867 Died: New York, New York 1935 oil on canvas 39 1/2 x 28 7/8 in. (100.3 x 73.3 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Sara Dodge Kimbrough (Mrs. Hunter S. Kimbrough) 1973.36 Not currently on view
Architecture Interior - classical
Figure male - full length
History - ancient - Greece
State of being - mood - meditation
paint - oil
fabric - canvas
Born: Liberty, Virginia 1867 Died: New York, New York 1935
More works in the collection by
William de Leftwich Dodge
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Seeing Things
- Eye Level: Photography Encouraged: Noguchi Edition
- Eye Level: Watch This: Ghosts of New York
- Eye Level: Cross Currents: Georgia O'Keeffe and the Perfect ...
- Eye Level: Annie Leibovitz's State of the Union
- Eye Level: New Acquisitions: Judith Schaechter's The Birth of ...
- Eye Level: Wing and a Prayer: Birds in Contemporary Art
- Eye Level: Luce Artist Talk with Nicole Salimbene
- Eye Level: Luce Artist Talk: Five Questions with Anne Bouie
- Eye Level: Education: If You Give a Teacher an Art Museum...