ca. 1954 Thomas Downing Born: Suffolk, Virginia 1928 Died: Provincetown, Massachusetts 1985 acrylic on cotton 54 x 17 in. (137.2 x 43.1 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Gift of Dr. and Mrs. Robert J. Wetmore 1979.40.3 Not currently on view
Abstract - geometric
paint - acrylic
fabric - cotton
About Thomas Downing
Born: Suffolk, Virginia 1928 Died: Provincetown, Massachusetts 1985
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: The Renwick Gallery and the Space in Between
- Eye Level: Sam Francis
- Eye Level: New Acquisition: Welcoming Carmen Herrera ...
- Eye Level: This is Only a Test
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Viola Frey
- Eye Level: Seeing Things (8): People in the Sun by Edward ...
- Eye Level: One Artist/One Object: Ubaldo Vitali's Silver Lining
- Eye Level: Christo and Jeanne-Claude: On the Making of the ...
- Eye Level: Design Front and Center at Luce
- Eye Level: Four Questions: Curator Nicholas Bell Discusses A ...