Portrait of a Lady
1810 William M. S. Doyle Born: Boston, Massachusetts 1769 Died: Boston, Massachusetts 1828 watercolor on ivory sight 3 x 2 1/2 in. (7.5 x 6.3 cm) oval Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase through the Catherine Walden Myer Fund 1954.6.3 Not currently on view
Luce Center Label
This young lady appears to have been a prominent member of Boston society in the early nineteenth century. She wears an evening gown of pale, delicate material, with a shawl wrapped around her arms for warmth.
Portrait female - unidentified - bust
painting - miniature
paint - watercolor
About William M. S. Doyle
Born: Boston, Massachusetts 1769 Died: Boston, Massachusetts 1828
More works in the collection by
William M. S. Doyle
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Picture This: Conserving a Lady
- Eye Level: Lights, Camera, Action! Antiques Roadshow in the ...
- Eye Level: Picture This: Antiques Roadshow at American Art
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Silhouettes
- Eye Level: Annie Leibovitz's State of the Union
- Eye Level: A Humorous Streak to The Art of Romaine Brooks
- Eye Level: Q and Art: Viola Frey
- Eye Level: Picture This: A Family Day for the Presidents
- Eye Level: Transcending Time
- Eye Level: Throwback Thursday: The Last Waltz: Lincoln's ...