George M. Cohan, New York City, from the series The American Monument
n.d. Lee Friedlander Born: Aberdeen, Washington 1934 gelatin silver print image: 11 1/4 x 7 1/2 in. (28.6 x 19.1 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase through the Luisita L. and Franz H. Denghausen Endowment, Margery and Edgar Masinter, Kevin and Lisa McGovern, and Bernie Stadiem © Lee Friedlander 2003.42.799 Not currently on view
Architecture Exterior - commercial
Cityscape - New York New York
Monument - statue - Cohan
Object - other - sign
Portrait male - Cohan, George M. - Full length
photography - photoprint
About Lee Friedlander
Born: Aberdeen, Washington 1934
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Sculpting a Career with Curator George Gurney
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: Six Questions for " ...
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions (plus one) with ...
- Eye Level: Comments at an Exhibition: Visitors Respond to ...
- Eye Level: Music for an Exhibition: Sounds of 1934
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: The Eyes Have It