George M. Cohan, New York City, from the series The American Monument
1973 Lee Friedlander Born: Aberdeen, Washington 1934 gelatin silver print image: 7 1/2 x 11 3/8 in. (19.1 x 28.9 cm) sheet: 11 x 13 5/8 in. (27.9 x 34.6 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Museum purchase through the Luisita L. and Franz H. Denghausen Endowment, Margery and Edgar Masinter, Kevin and Lisa McGovern, and Bernie Stadiem © Lee Friedlander 2003.42.1065 Not currently on view
Cityscape - New York - Manhattan
Cityscape - street - Times Square
Figure(s) in exterior
Monument - statue - Cohan
Portrait male - Cohan, George M. - Full length
photography - photoprint
About Lee Friedlander
Born: Aberdeen, Washington 1934
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level: Sculpting a Career with Curator George Gurney
- Eye Level: The Civil War and American Art: Six Questions for " ...
- Eye Level: Luce Unplugged: Five Questions (plus one) with ...
- Eye Level: Comments at an Exhibition: Visitors Respond to ...
- Eye Level: Music for an Exhibition: Sounds of 1934
- Eye Level: The Best of Ask Joan of Art: The Eyes Have It