ca. 1917-1920 Awa Tsireh Born: San Ildefonso Pueblo, New Mexico Died: San Ildefonso Pueblo, New Mexico watercolor on paper sheet: 20 x 26 1/8 in. (50.9 x 66.2 cm) Smithsonian American Art Museum Corbin-Henderson Collection, gift of Alice H. Rossin 1979.144.35 Not currently on view
Animal - bird
Animal - insect
Ethnic - Indian
Miscellaneous - decorative motif
paint - watercolor
About Awa Tsireh
Born: San Ildefonso Pueblo, New Mexico Died: San Ildefonso Pueblo, New Mexico
More works in the collection by
Blogs, Podcasts, and More
- Eye Level
- Eye Level: In This Case: Male Wood Duck in a Forest Pool by ...
- Eye Level: Art-o-Mat Swap Meet, Take 2
- Eye Level: A Year of Gaman: 5 Questions with Curator ...
- Eye Level: In This Case: Prairie Chicken
- Eye Level: Five Questions with the Silent Orchestra
- Eye Level: Aesop and the Scavenger Hunt
- Eye Level: Scan the Man: Scanimation Book Event on June 14
- Eye Level: Night Baseball
- Eye Level: 5 Questions (and a Bonus) with the 21st Century ...